WREATHS ACROSS AMERICA: Community Service Project
WHERE: Ohio Western Reserve National Cemetery (10175 Rawiga Rd, Seville, OH 44273)
RALLY POINT: Main flagpole (see US Flag on map below)
WHEN: Saturday, 15 DEC 2018 (See below for schedule)
UNIFORM: Class A
WHY: Every December the Pack participates in a community service project to reinforce that “a Scout is Helpful” (as part of their Scout Law) and to instill good citizenship by helping their community. This year the Pack is assisting with the placement of holiday wreaths on veteran’s graves at the Ohio Western Reserve National Cemetery, a satellite cemetery of Arlington National Cemetery. More information on WAA’s mission can be found here: LINK
08:00-08:30 AM – My Civil Air Patrol squadron arrives
09:00 AM – Family members place their wreaths
10:00 AM – All volunteers place remaining wreaths
12:00 PM – Ceremony
-Posting of Colors
-National Anthem (pending musician availability)
-Placement of Ceremonial Wreaths for each branch of service
-Playing of “Taps”
-Retiring of Colors
01:00 PM (approximate) – End of event
• Last year, there were over 13,000 wreaths to place and the task was accomplished within 10-15 minutes due to the overwhelming numbers of volunteers. Due to this, I highly recommend arriving early and car-pooling as much as possible. Parking will quickly become very scarce as the day progresses.
• Please dress for the weather. I highly recommend wearing waterproof boots/footwear.
• There is a Memorial Path located near the POW/MIA Flag and Section 18 that is a great place to take a walk if you need to occupy some time.
• Mission BBQ, the American Red Cross, and other vendors will be there to provide free hot snacks and drinks to all volunteers.
• Any questions, please feel free to contact me: